Celebrating London over the past 25 yearsNovember 4, 2016
Following on from the successful launch of the London First awards in 2012, London First is once more seeking to reward and mark key individuals, activities and projects that have contributed to making London the best city in the world in which to work, study and play.
2017, however, is a special year, as it also marks London First’s 25th anniversary. These awards will therefore look back at major achievements attained over the past 25 years.
The awards will be presented as follows:
Champion for London
To be awarded to anyone who has gone beyond what might be expected of them to champion London at home or abroad
- Investment in London’s Future, kindly sponsored by Grosvenor Britain and Ireland
A visionary regeneration or development which reinforces London’s competitiveness in the long term
- London Award for Innovation, kindly sponsored by Alstom
For interventions that put London at the international cutting edge
- Most impactful infrastructure project in London, reserved by Siemens plc
A major infrastructure project which has elevated London’s world city status
- London’s Greatest Research & Development Prize
For enterprising research or improving London’s science base
- London’s School Leadership Award, kindly sponsored by Turner & Townsend
For initiatives which have empowered young people to make a difference in London
- London Vice Chancellor
Celebrating outstanding leadership in London’s HE sector
- Improvement to Londoners’ Quality of Life, kindly sponsored by UK Power Networks
In recognition of a London community initiative, better facilities and services, or simply something that makes you smile
- Contribution to London’s Cultural Excellence, kindly sponsored by Edwardian Hotels London
In appreciation of the creative sector’s contribution to London’s economy
- Best London Visitor Initiative
Acknowledging the importance of the tourism sector to London’s jobs and growth
If you would like to nominate anyone for any of these awards please click here, we will then provide a shortlist for members to vote on in December.
The winners will be presented at our awards gala dinner, taking place on Wednesday 25 January 2017, in the historic setting of the British Museum.
If you would like to book at table at the event please contact Beena Chester, LFevents@londonfirst.co.uk and confirm how many places you will require; and whether you are interested in any profiling opportunities at the dinner.
We hope you will be able to join us for what promises to be a great celebration of the people and businesses that make London a world-leading city.
Contact: Beena Chester, LFevents@londonfirst.co.uk