The London First Fund
This fund of £1 million was created in 2011 for investment in a small number of innovative third party projects to help maintain London in the international spotlight following the hugely successful London 2012 Games, and deliver long-term benefit to London’s economy.
From 2011 to 2016, the London First Fund has supported:
- Tech London Advocates – London First is supporting Tech London Advocates, a private sector led coalition of expert individuals from the tech sector and broader community who champion London’s potential as a world-class hub for tech and digital businesses and support tech start-ups in finding new investment and talent and achieve high-growth
- London’s Autumn Season of Culture – celebrating London as the world’s number one cultural destination and showcasing the blockbuster exhibitions, shows and events in the capital in Autumn 2015.
- BRITs Week – a three-year partnership with AEG and BPI, building on the internationally celebrated BRIT Awards and creating a week-long consumer event, involving special gigs and events that celebrates London’s music heritage and creative industries in general
- Totally Thames – river festival – a three year partnership with the Thames Festival Trust, to develop a month-long celebration of London’s river
- UK China Visa Alliance – campaign – London First is the primary funder of this campaign, working with Government to attract more Chinese tourists by improving visa services. Its work has helped deliver a 22% increase in visas issued.
- The Global Cities Business Alliance, helping leading global cities work with businesses to maintain their competitiveness as business environments and their vibrancy as centres for talent, creativity and innovation, as well as being good places to live – read more
- Benchmarking London’s Promotion – research, conducted by Deloitte (Nov 2014)
- Promotion of London’s excellence in Higher Education to Indian employees and potential students, working with London Universities International Partnership
- The London Business Network’s international B2B events programme at City Hall during London 2012
Contact Tim Scott for further information