London’s population is projected to grow from 8.6 million to 10.2 million people by 2030.
On such population projections, London will need another 450,000 jobs over the next decade – and another 400,000 homes. These people will place additional strain on London’s existing resources –already heavily used and in places dating back to the Victorians.
So London must plan now for its future infrastructure needs. London needs homes, offices and other developments to support this growth and remain an attractive location for global business.
To support the efficient delivery of these vital developments, our planning objectives include:
- Ensuring the planning system supports development and regeneration in London
- Contributing a business perspective to national, regional and local policymakers, so that they recognise the complexity of development in London
- Celebrating the role of planning in maintaining London’s world city status, to promote planning as a career choice and ensure departments are properly resourced
Download and read our publications on Built environment.
- Reports (4 documents)
- Connecting Councillors with Strategic Planning Applications(PDF, 2.27MB)
- The impact of inward investment on the London housing market(PDF, 1.01MB)
- Opportunity Knocks: Piecing together London’s Opportunity Areas(PDF, 1.51MB)
- Unlocking London's Residential Density- Guidling Light(PDF, 6.83MB, 05.2017)