Brexit is the single most important factor influencing our mission for London. Our aim is to secure the best possible outcome for business, keeping our capital working for the UK.
This means retaining as many of the benefits of EU membership as possible. Access to talent at all levels is what matters most to business, and we’re focusing our Brexit activity on immigration and skills. Our first goal is government guaranteeing the rights of EU citizens in the UK, providing much needed certainty to people and employers.
We also know that getting our capital Brexit-ready means ensuring London is in the best possible shape to remain globally competitive beyond 2019.
To address this, we have three key priorities:
- Talent – attracting global talent and developing local skills
- Housing – accelerating housebuilding to create 50,000 homes a year
- Crossrail 2 – plugging the infrastructure gap by getting the green light for this vital investment
Contact David Lutton for further information
Download and read our publications on Brexit.
- Reports (2 documents)
- Jobs and Growth for London(PDF, 8.31MB, Feb 2016)
- Facing Facts: the impact of migrants on London its workforce and economy(PDF, 2.67MB)