Projects and Partnerships:
- Securing UK Borders. A report examining the implications of leaving the EU for UK border management. Sponsored by UBM.
- What are the Security and Resilience Implications of Brexit? A report examining the implications of leaving the EU as it might affect the private sector in London and beyond.
- London Bridges. A factsheet that provides businesses with a short and focused overview of security-oriented organisations and agencies in and around London.
- Safer Spaces Self-Assessment Scheme for Small Businesses. A survey tool to improve the security of buildings and spaces through a MOPAC-endorsed scheme.
- B2B Engagement for Better Security. A nine-step guide to help businesses appreciate the best practices when co-ordinating action with neighbours.
- Business Community Resilience. A project that has resulted in a guide and an aide memoire to help improve resilience to local communities. An associated app (Application for Resilient Communities) will be launched in mid-2017.
- Guidelines for Business: Responses to a Major Terrorist Attack. A guide approved, by NaCTSO, on what to do before and during the announcement of a ‘Critical’ threat level. A separate aide memoire lists the key security measures to be taken in the face of potential terrorist attack.
- Joint London First / PwC Report on ‘Enterprise Resilience: A business imperative in an era of change’. See attached.
- Tackling Cyber Crime. An initiative that helps business connect with the various police and law-enforcement agencies in tackling cyber-enabled crime.
- Improved Information Sharing. An initiative to help improve information exchange between the public and private sectors.
- Commissioner’s Informal Business Advisory Group. A regular meeting of leading business leaders with the MPS Deputy Commissioner on common issues that affect the capital.
- Membership of Cross-Sector Safety and Security Communication (CSSC) hub, London Resilience Business Sector Panel (LRBSP), and London Climate Change Partnership (LCCP).
22 May. Cyber Resilience Simulation/Exercise
Breakfast Briefing. The aim of this briefing is to help senior managers lead their organisations to cyber resilience, using an interactive simulation and to debate how executives should lead business recovery after a major cyber attack. The briefing will involve a highly engaging simulation exercise with all audience members voting on executive decision points, and with expert panellists then commenting on those votes. Panellists will explain how the shock, speed and ambiguity of a large data breach can paralyse companies while offering some solutions.
In partnership with: Cyber Rescue Alliance (CEO: Kevin Duffey). See: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cyber-rescue-alliance/
Chairman: Sir Ian Andrews CBE TD, Non-Executive Director, NHS Digital (and former Chairman SOCA)
Speaker: William Dixon, Director of Intelligence, Barclays
Host: Estee Lauder
19-21 June. IFSEC 2018 – Conference + Masterclasses
London First and Cityforum are jointly hosting two half-day security summits (paying) and associated masterclasses (free) to coincide with, and add authoritative impetus to, the already well-established London IFSEC Exhibition in June this year. The theme will be ‘Securing the Open Society of 2030’.
The agendas for the summits and masterclasses are designed to address threats and responses in a number of key areas with which the UK and others are now grappling. They are also designed to develop thinking and potential lines of action in response to the safety, security and resilience consequences of a number of developments that will have a massive impact on the future nature of society. Agenda themes and a list of confirmed speakers can be viewed here.
Both the summits and the masterclasses will provide scope for discussion of business opportunities and partnership agreements in the domestic and overseas contexts. These should interest delegates at the various events, and exhibitors will also find their commercial intelligences of value. Attendance at the summits also gives access to the main exhibition, and includes privileged seating at the associated masterclasses.
For further details of the event and to register, please see here. For London First members, there is a discount of 20% if the promotional code ‘LF2018’ is used when registering. Sponsorship options are available.