The first ever London Infrastructure Awards celebrated both globally recognised infrastructure projects and the individuals making their mark on London’s infrastructure network.
Congratulations to the winners:
- Infrastructure Skills Award: Havering College and CAT1 Safety Training for their project equipping the unemployed with skills to work in the railway industry.
- Innovation Award: Hyperoptic’s 10Gb broadband service for its connectivity at Stratford’s Get Living.
- Placemaking Award: Leake Street Arches,presented to LCR, Corstorphine + Wright, Nulty, RPS, QODA, ITC Concepts and Union Street Partners, for bringing eight long-neglected railway arches back to life and cultivating a collection of independent restaurants and bars that capture the essence of urban culture
- Contribution to Crossrail Award: Valentina Piroddi, Senior Architect at Atkins taking the for her work at Farringdon station
- London Infrastructure Champion Award: Val Shawcross CBE for outstanding service to public transport in London, and her leadership on air quality and sustainable travel
Commissioner, Transport for London